I am a computer scientist currently working at LANGaware and collaborating as a research associate in the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications in NCSR Demokritos.
Alternatively, check out a tl;dr version below.
PhD in machine learning, from the Informatics and Telecommunications department (DIT) of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), co-supervised by the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT) of the National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos (NCSRD), funded by the St. Niarchos 2017 Industrial PhD scholarships. My thesis was titled Beyond Deep Learning: Enriching Data Representations for Machine Learning Tasks.
- Machine Learning Engineer at LANGaware, working on classification methods of audio transcriptions in the law domain (current).
- Machine Learning Engineer at SciFY, working on classification methods of audio transcriptions in the law domain.
- Research associate at the ATHENA Research Center, where I worked on topic modelling and data analysis of biomedical scientific publications.
- Research associate at the Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory, of the IIT at the NCSRD, where I worked on event detection, big textual data and graph methods for automatic summarization.
- Research associate at the Multimedia Knowledge and Social Media Analytics Laboratory, of the Information Technologies Institute at the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, where I worked on video concept detection, specifically visual descriptors, classification models and deep neural networks.
My main research focuses on:
- Machine learning in text and multimedia
- Neural networks and deep learning
- Automatic summarization