I am a Machine Learning scientist, currently working in different ML Research and Engineering roles in multiple domains, including Argument Mining, Multimodal Neurodegenerative Disease Prediction, AI Safety and Alignment.
You can get a short (updated 02-2023) and a long (out of date, but with uni courses / projects) version of my CV.
Alternatively, check out a tl;dr version below.
PhD in machine learning, from the Informatics and Telecommunications department (DIT) of the University of Athens (UoA), co-supervised by the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT) of the National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos (NCSRD) , funded by the St. Niarchos 2017 Industrial PhD scholarships. My thesis was titled Beyond Deep Learning: Enriching Data Representations for Machine Learning Tasks.
MSc in Signal and Information Processing and Learning from DIT of the UoA. My thesis was Multimodal video classification with deep neural networks.
BSc in Computer Science from the Computer Science and Engineering department of the University of Ioannina, where my thesis was titled Image registration with unified particle swarm optimization.
- Senior Machine Learning Engineer at bunny.net, working on smart methods for CDN optimization.
- ML Research Scientist at the Artificial Intelligence Incident Database project, working on research and taxonomy engineering on AI Systems and Failures.
- Postdoctoral research engineer Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory, of the IIT at the NCSRD, working on argument mining with transformer models and active learning methods.
- Senior Machine Learning Engineer at LANGaware, working on classification of neurodegenerative diseases with multimodal (text and audio) methods.
- Independent AI Alignment researcher, supported by the Effective Altruism Long-Term Future Fund.
- Teaching Assistant on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI Safety and Alignment at the Center for AI Safety MLSS program.
- Machine Learning Engineer at SciFY, working on classification methods of audio transcriptions in the law domain.
- Research associate at the ATHENA Research Center, where I worked on topic modelling and data analysis of biomedical scientific publications.
- Research associate at the Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory, of the IIT at the NCSRD, where I worked on event detection, big textual data and graph methods for automatic summarization.
- Research associate at the Multimedia Knowledge and Social Media Analytics Laboratory, of the Information Technologies Institute at the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, where I worked on video concept detection, specifically visual descriptors, classification models and deep neural networks.