I am a computer scientist currently pursuing my PhD in Machine Learning and working as a research associate in the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications in NCSR Demokritos.
You can get a pdf of my detailed cv in English (Updated 3-2021).
Alternatively, check out a tl;dr version below.
PhD in machine learning, from the Informatics and Telecommunications department (DIT) of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), co-supervised by the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT) of the National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos (NCSRD), funded by the St. Niarchos 2017 Industrial PhD scholarships (in progress).
- Machine Learning Engineer at SciFY, working on classification methods of audio transcriptions in the law domain (current).
- Research associate at the ATHENA Research Center, where I worked on topic modelling and data analysis of biomedical scientific publications.
- Research associate at the Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory, of the IIT at the NCSRD, where I worked on event detection, big textual data and graph methods for automatic summarization.
- Research associate at the Multimedia Knowledge and Social Media Analytics Laboratory, of the Information Technologies Institute at the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, where I worked on video concept detection, specifically visual descriptors, classification models and deep neural networks.
My main research focuses on:
- Machine learning in text and multimedia
- Neural networks and deep learning
- Automatic summarization